padding:0 20px 20px .25em; Ramblings From around the world: Meet Mustaph( Patient Story)

March 20, 2006

Meet Mustaph( Patient Story)

This is Mustaph. While Working here aboard the Anastasis, I have the opportunity to adopt a patient for while they are here. So I decided that would be a unique opportunity, I couldn't pass up.. SO, I signed up and was assigned Mustaph. Mustaph is a 25 year old Muslim from Monrovia, Liberia.
He has spent 14 of those years leaving in a civil war.. From the age of 8 until he was 22. We didn't talk much about the war thou. He had a burn contracture to his neck and back. During the war he was attacked with acid. So most of his body was covered with burns. The ship released his contracture which allows him to now turn his head and keep his head upright.
One of my biggest highlights was his birthday. I threw him a surprise party and invited a lot of his friends from the ward to celebrate as well. His face lit up like he a had never had a party every before.

This is a picture of Mustaph Jenn(my girlfriend) and I, the day He was discharged.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home